Differential, mysterious writings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Differential, mysterious writings
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:39:52 -0600
Cc: mgtd2@aol.com
Keepers of the most arcane knowledge of LBC's:

What's all this scrawl inside my dif mean?  There are numbers and letters
stamped and some engraved as if with one of those cheapo police engravers
they want you to mark your stereo with when you check into a college dorm.

Pinion is engraved with 9798 then in a scratched box it has 4-2.
Ring is engraved 9798 and 005
The differential cage is stamped with a 6, a 2, a R and a A
There are also the stampings C3 and D3 in there.

What does it all mean?
Is it a message from the Works?

I will be checking to see if my 3.9 dif has different writing in it.

--JohnD