Re: RV for towing LBC trailer

Subject: Re: RV for towing LBC trailer
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:16:32 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
>  Still don't know if the
> best deal to be had would be used or new though.

Used. Why pay the depreciation on a new vehicle that is worth about 2/3 what you
pay for it as soon as the papers are signed? You do enough auto repair and
restoration to know if a vehicle has been reasonably well cared for during its
former ownership. What would you look for in a pre-owned house? Do the
appliances
work? Heating? AC? Check the upper cupboards and around all vents for signs of
leaks. Also check under the dash and under all windows for the same thing. After
you narrow it down to one or two, you might want to do the ladder & garden hose
test. Unfortunately, where you live, leaks might not be obvious. Up here they
are. I bought my Cherokee in Las Vegas. Within a week of getting it to the
Oregon
monsoon season, I learned that it rained harder inside the car than outside. The
dealer was very apologetic and arranged to fix it, but it was still annoying.

Kate