Re: Rear Brakes

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Brakes
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:30:33 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry

I saw this happen on a friend's bugeye.  The so-called British car shop that
'fixed them' never bothered to try them out.  Fresh from their repairs, the
e-brake went all the way up without engaging the shoes at all.  The problem
may lie in old drums worn or turned down below spec.  Carefully measure the
ID of the drums and check against the book specs.  The solution for the
loser shop was to swap the over-worn rear drums to the front and put the
better pair on the rear.  That way the worn out drums were up front.  Smart
fix eh?
 I 'burn' that shop every time I get the chance.

Regards,
Glen Byrns