Re: Rear Brakes

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Brakes
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:49:40 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sorry Larry,

You did state that quite clearly.  As near as I can tell, the adjuster in
the photo is set all the way 'in', I presume that even when set all the way
'out' they still don't engage.  That would leave me wondering if the new
shoes are correct.  Lay them on top of your old shoes and see if the
critical dimension of the shoes that rest against the adjuster and the brake
slave are identical.   Stand an old shoe on a table on the two contact
points and measure up from the table top to the top of the brake material.
Then do the same with one of the two new shoes.  Does the new shoe not reach
as high?  Something isn't kosher and if the new drums when measured prove to
be up to original spec. then it must be the shoes.

Good luck
Glen