RE: FW: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: RE: FW: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 07:38:20 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
>>We all know that an MG V8 will walk all over a Spridget in a straight line
<<

Allen,

I don't agree with this statement. A Spridget with a properly tuned Rotary
would beat the V8 in a straight line.

The biggest functional V8 I've seen in a B is a 5.0 litre Mustang engine.
Best time was 102 mph in the 1/4 mile.
If you consider the weight of the Spridget and the HP capacity of a 13B
rotary...I think you would find the Spridget walking away VERY quickly.
It's true that you will get more HP from the 5.0 BUT if you compare the
power to weight ratio...things get a lot closer. Keep in mind...I'm not
talking about a 347 stroker or some nitrous fueled anything here.

Just my thoughts.

Dan

Dan Dwelley
(207) 941-5855
Dan.Dwelley@ps.ge.com

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.