Re: My latest pride and joy

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: My latest pride and joy
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:24:16 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
SDOliner@aol.com wrote:
Repair issues:

I started to change the front shocks, but was stuck to the fulcrum pin.
Seemed like I had two choices, get out the sawzall or the torch (right after
I double the fire insurance policy). Suggestions?

Sometimes if you twist the fulcrum pin free by turning it by the hex head it
will
come free.

The brake light switch is stuck on. Can this be removed from the connector,
and cleaned up? This appears to a "later" model with the small electrical
connectors. An interesting splice was made on the Brand New Harness. Geez
again.

Just replace it with a catalog part, they are cheap.  Cut the terminals off the
ends of the wires and screw the bare wires into the new terminals.

I need weather stripping for the doors, and back of the bonnet. Anyone know
of good source? And no I am not going to sink another $13,000 in to this
thing.

J.C. Whitney

Any chance of dying the vinyl seats (from Maroon) to black?

Buy vinyl spray dyes at an automotive paint store.  Works very well.

Anyone have a pair of bonnet holding stays, they will sell for a reasonable
price?

Can't help you here.  Might have an old set somewhere.

The tach in place is a later model with the orange and red segments. Is there
anyway to get a plain black electric tach?

EBAY

Mike MacLean-60 Sprite