Re: My feet are baking 2

To: "Loud Sprite" <loudsprite@zexmedia.com>
Subject: Re: My feet are baking 2
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 21:36:41 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Alix,

I would say most of your heat is normal.  Bypass that heater using Chucks
method. I understand this an engine circulation thing with the 1275, 1098
and 948.

I have the interior panels on mine, with heat shield insulation behind the
panels.  Works great to keep that panel cooler. Only the air flow through
your tunnel moves the heat away from that area, and at speed I would think
you are putting more heat from the engine into the tranny tunnel area.

You said that your heat control know was stuck. After you bypass that
heater, do one of two things:  If you have the vent duct that goes from the
heater box to the front of the car, no problem open the air damper at the
heater box.  This will allow nice cool air from in front of the car to flow
into the area under the heater box.  If you don't have that vent duct, close
that damper. If it is open, it will allow hot engine air to flow into the
area under the heater box (not nearly as hot as if the heater has water
flow, but still pretty warm engine bay air.)