Re: Calipers again...

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Calipers again...
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:51:17 -0700
Cc: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks Peter,

Even though I do use the speedo cable thingy from time to time, I don't remember
posting it for this application!  Someone else must have posted it or my OF
memory
bit kicked in again.

Now for the fitting of the dust shield metal piece.  I took a 2" pipe coupling,
turned the inside diameter to clean out most of the threads and to match a
slight
interference fit with the dust shield metal piece, put a step inside it to fit
on
the raised ring on the caliper bore, turned down a 2" pipe nipple about 6"long
fit inside this fancy coupling.

Now I put the metal shield with the rubber installed inside the bottom end of
this coupling, place the coupling on the caliper half, drop the pipe nipple down
it, raise it a time or two in and let it drop each time and now the metal is all
fit in the groove.  Works so slick makes me wonder why I struggled with c-clamps
and metal covers all these years!  A mini pile driver!!

I can send a pix of this gadget to any who request it. A true low budget "we
tight" item!

Later, Paul A