Cats,Lbc and disgust

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Cats,Lbc and disgust
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:21:40 -0700 (PDT)
When I took the sprite out for a drive a couple of
days ago, I noticed a bit of an ammonia like smell.
Today, as I was taking out the seats to install the
rollbar, I discovered that one of our darling cats had
"marked" the carpets.Arrrrrrrrrgh!

My questions: What is the best way to totally remove
the odor so the other cats don't feel the need for
competitive marking? and...is there an efficient cat
repellent to keep them out. I had the top(hood) off
and was waiting to get my tonneau cover modified for
the Porsche seats until I could get the rollbar in.
Its a canvas cover, for now, for sure.

Last time this occurred, to this level, was when I was
taking one of the cats to the vet and in his alarm he
drenched the bottom of the cardboard box(and the seat
of my truck.) That time I soaked the seat in vinegar,
which I don't recommend since it rusted the springs in
the seat and made the pickup smell like a pickle
truck. Which is better than the alternative.

Where is Heloise when you need her?

Cheers, bill b.
'69 Sprite "Stinky" (temporarily, I hope)