Re: Oil filter conversion

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil filter conversion
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:47:58 -0700
If it wasn't worth doing, new cars would still come with canister oil
filters.  (simple analogy that does not apply to everything, ie legislated
changes are usually bad, engineering improvements are usually good.  Flame
suit on).

Once done, no mess (ok, less mess).  Actually, better than a conversion, is
to find the actual parts off of a 72-74 Midget.  An oil cooler is not
necessary, but occasionally, bending the oil pipe that runs from the top of
the filter to the block will crack and make a big leak.  BTDT.  Use of an
oil cooler eliminates that possibility.

Every canister oil filter assembly I have ever changed, some PO had lost the
spring that goes in the bottom, rendering the filter functionless anyway.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino
74 Midget