Re: A-arm woes

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A-arm woes
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:50:11 -0700
  From: DLancer7676@cs.com
  To: millerls@ado13.com ; spridgets@autox.team.net
  Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 7:02 PM

  In a message dated 7/11/03 3:54:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
millerls@ado13.com writes:

    Speaking of getting screwed on a-arms. I have a brand new a-arm purchased
at
    a swap meet that looks perfect untill you attempt to install the fulcrum
    pin. The threads are messed up on the inside bushing and they are an off
the
    wall (I think) thread. If anyone thinks they can fix it they can have it
for
    the cost of shipping.

  The bushings were probably soldered in using an old fulcrum pin to hold them
in place.  When a new pin is screwed in it doesn't exactly match the threads
and won't screw in all the way.  How do I know this?  When I soldered mine in,
I too used the old fulcrum pin to hold the bushings in place until they were
soldered.  Yep--the threads were off just a little--I had to unsolder them and
use a NEW fulcrum pin, which spaced the bushings exactly where they should be
to accept a new, unheated fulcrum pin.  I keep the old NEW pin which has been
seriously heated just for spacing bushings, should I do so  again.

  --David C.

  Oh--to avoid another thread on the subject, soldering = SILVER soldering,
not the lead stuff.