Re: A-arm woes

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: A-arm woes
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:44:04 -0400
Cc: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
David Lieb wrote:
>>When you replace the A-arm, drill a hole for
>>a second zerk fitting on the other side.
>

> So the material there is thick enough to thread a zerk into it and have it
> secure?

Not exactly. I have done this but it takes a bit of ingenuity.
I drill and tap the blanking plug for the grease fitting but use a
washer between the fitting and the welch plug. If not, the grease
fitting is too close to the plug and as soon as you grease it the first
time, you hydraulically pop out the plug.
Don't ask how I know.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ