Re: Oh help! 1275 reassembly

To: gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oh help! 1275 reassembly
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:53:58 -0400
Gerard,

Where are you getting your seals? I got a couple of pan gasket sets last
fall (first set I messed up and grossly overtightened the pan bolts
-Haynes fault!) and in both sets the cork was way short. The front was
OK, but the rear barely reached and did not stand proud of the pan at
all. I might as well have not had a seal in there at all - what a leak!
I'm going to have to do this again, and want to get good seals this time.

Another interesting note, I also ordered the front and rear seals
separately. Rear still on backorder. Front came and was contoured to
match the curve in the pan, but the corks that came with the set were
just straight pieces.

Thanks,

Eddie
'71 Midget - Bebop