Re: Rubber Grease

To: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber Grease
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:02:49 +0100
Cotter pin
Is a small cylindrical solid pin, usually tapered or with a wedge face.
Sometimes fastened in position with a nut onto a threded section at the
narrow end.
Typical is the small solid pin that goes through the end of the king pin
(front steering swivel pin) where it fits to the A arm and wedges against
the flat on the bottom fulcrum pin.

The metal folded pin that goes through a castellated nut is a called split
pin, not a cotter pin in the UK

Guy