Re: Rubber Grease

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber Grease
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:46:58 -0400
first off ,  in spite of the pain in the tush some hoses are to install
there should never be any lubricant or adhesion inhibitor used in the
aplication of cooling system hoses that see pressure!   you can experience a
wonderfull failure when the hose slips off when under pressure.   in adition
some hoses are quite prone to swelling and weakening with the use of the
lubricants.    now for removal try using the "cotter pin removal" tool that
evryone sez is a useless tool.  after loosening the clamp slip it off the
area where it was seated and work the cotter pin tool's end up under the
hose between the hose and the fitting it's stuck on.   working the tool
around the fitting allows the hose to come completly free and slip off as
easily as it went on.   this method does not deform the fitting nor endanger
the hose's ability to be reused.   some hoses seem to shrink onto their
respective fittings.   try this method the next time you encounter a stuck
hose.   either that or it's time for the ungodly expensive silicone racing
hoses.......

chuck.
if ya gotta ask "what's a cotter pin removal tool"  ya probably do not own
one!   check yer tool catalogs fer that one!