Re: Jaguar question

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: Jaguar question
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:35:58 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Glen Byrns wrote:
> will the Jaguar be totally different or
> reasonably similar?  Price and availibility of parts?

Glen

All British cars are the same :) My 87 XJ6 did have it's electrical
problems but it was basically Sprite wiring, just alot more of it.
Bad ground, dirty fuse end, stuff like that.
The engine work can be costly but there again, it's not much different
if you do the work yourself.
Jaguar chrome is very expensive.
Rust and rubber bits can be hard to rectify. If you are not going for
originality, JC Whitless rubber comes close and works most of the time.
I hope it's a stick as Jag slush boxes are not the most reliable.
If all else fails, drop a Chevy lump in it ;)
Lower panel rust is no big deal, floors and around the windshields will
get you.
Good luck with it and I say go for it.

--
Frank Clarici