Re: Jaguar question

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jaguar question
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:02:04 +0100
Hi Glen,
I don't know much about the mechanicals, although I did once do a full head
de-coke job on one and I remember the valves being a bit of a ba***rd to
set.

But I do know that in the 90's here in the UK, when classic car prices
rocketed, the Mk 2 jags were going for good money.  Partly enhanced by them
being featured in a couple of TV series, particularly the "Inspector Morse"
programmes.

I also remember my uncle had one and drove very fast!  I must have been
about 9 at the time and it really impressed me! Enough to make me throw up
all over the leather seats!!  It is the one and only time I have ever been
car sick!
Despite this memory, it would be a car well up on my wish list!

Guy