Re: Painting a car in the garage

To: "William M. Gilroy" <w.lists@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Painting a car in the garage
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:50:17 -0400
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The fumes WILL go all over the house, so might the paint dust.
I have the (filtered) respirator, that and an old hooded sweatshirt
(close to the car color) works for me. A Tyvek suit os cheap too.
With the respirator I have I didn't even smell the paint while spraying
it. And once it gets hard to breathe, it's time to change the filters.
Of course, I smoke so my lungs are already lined with a protective
coating of tar ;) On the bright side, the thinners break down that tar
and clean my lungs.
A freash air respirator is probably overkill for an occasional home
paint job. A simple dust mask is NOT going to  protect you either.

Winter is not the best time to paint. the metal gets cold.
Summer humidity doesn't help either. Late autumn, no bugs, no humidity,
not too cold.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ