Re: smoothcase gearbox rattle ?

To: "PAsgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: smoothcase gearbox rattle ?
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:09:25 -0500
The shifter isn't vibrating much at all.  It's a loud rattle.  Sounds like
somebody is rapidly pounding on the case with a chain.  Can only hear it in
2, 3, or 4th gear, but I wouldn't run that many revs in 1st gear anyway.
Once you exceed about 4500 rpm...like when highway cruising in 4th the noise
goes away.  Doesn't seem to be related to any specific gear, but definately
is rpm related.  Maybe it's engine trouble.  So far as I know all the
neighbors cats are accounted for.

Matt