Re: smoothcase gearbox rattle ?

To: "Matt Endicott" <endicar@comcast.net>, "PAsgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: smoothcase gearbox rattle ?
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:19:36 -0400
Matt,
I had the same problem with my smooth case trans. Ended up putting in a rib
trans. However, I did a little investigation into the noise in my trans.
Hooked up a drill to the input shaft and found out when running that a gear
was actually hitting the inside of the case. When I assembled the trans I
must have missed something. I have not had anymore time at this point to
work on the problem. Hope this helps.
Allen
1960 Bugeye