K&N Air Filter

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: K&N Air Filter
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:53:17 -0300 FILETIME=[B2270440:01C38164]
Hello, I'm new to this list so I hop this hasn't already been asked a bunch
of times but has anyone put a K&N air filter on their 1500 Midget? I've got
a 1976 and I recently bought a K&N (56-1610) from a local supplier, Moss
Motors part number 222-925. The filter is circular, 5 7/8" in diameter and 1
3/4" thick and came with all the mounting hardware correct for the Zenith
Stromberg 150CD carb. After I installed it I noticed that there is very
little clearance between the filter and the gusset on the front subframe and
it's rubbing ever so slightly when the engine is under load so I don't think
it's going to work. Anyone else run into this or use one? Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Greg