Re: K&N Air Filter

To: ckotting@wideopenwest.com
Subject: Re: K&N Air Filter
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:38:47 -0300 FILETIME=[1CC38EA0:01C3837B]
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris,

Unfortunately that's not it, the engine mounts are brand new last summer
when I replaced the clutch.  I've been looking around and have found some
references that the K&N filter kit has problems on the Midget with space.
It talked to K&N and may have found a solution that could work.  I can use
one of the oval filters and make my own base plate out of a cover plate by
cutting out the keyhole to fit the carb.  It sounds like more work than I'm
interested in.  I've just ordered a Longflo filter kit from Victoria British
that supposedly is for a 1500 midget.  I never really had my heart set on a
K&N I just needed something to replace the original filter housing as it is
cracking again.  Got lucky the first time so I'm going to nip this one in
the bud before it becomes a problem again!

Cheers,
Greg