Re: K&N Air Filter

To: Greg Delbridge <greg_delbridge@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: K&N Air Filter
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:50:05 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Greg Delbridge wrote:

> . After I installed it I noticed that there is very little clearance
> between the filter and the gusset on the front subframe and it's
> rubbing ever so slightly when the engine is under load so I don't
> think it's going to work. Anyone else run into this or use one? Any
> information would be greatly appreciated.

Greg,

I am running dual SUs on a 1500.  The filters don't fit, but I was able
to fix it with with a large hammer.  I just beat the gusset to clear the
fuel bowl and I beat the fender down to clear the filter.  Worked fine
and you really can't even notice the "percussive bodywork."

Bill Gilroy

---------
"Absolute Power corrupts...but Total Power Exchange perverts."