Gift Sprite Proposal, maybe some LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Gift Sprite Proposal, maybe some LBC
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 08:37:44 -0400
Those of you who have been on the list for a while know about Peter C's
Gift Sprite, which was put together by a bunch of crazies from this list
and given to Peter C a while back.  I had an idea for another similar
project that I thought I'd share with you all to see if it was feasible.

Some of you know that Marcy and I adopted a beautiful little girl
(Tanya) from Belarus about a year and a half ago.  The adoption agency
we worked through also does humanitarian aid work with the orphanages in
Belarus, Russia and the Ukraine.  I'm not going to trot out a bunch of
sob stories about the conditions, but suffice it to say that the
conditions aren't good, and there is little money to make them any better.

The adoption agency (Small World Adoption Foundation) holds a charity
auction every few years, and all the proceeds go to improving the
conditions at the orphanages.  This year they're raising funds (in part)
to put a new roof on the orphanage that Tanya spent the first 3 years of
her life in.

Here's the question: Is it possible for the folks on this list to pull
together and put together another Spridget to be auctioned off next
October?  I can probably work out a place to do the work, and can host
any "OSHITty" weekends.  Someone would have to locate a useable
inexpensive shell, there would need to be donated parts, possibly some
cash, and certianly some donated time assembling things.  This is a
pretty lavish affair, with lots of insanely wealthy people, so a
reasonable cumulative investment could gain quite a bit.

So, tell me what you think.  Suggestions, questions, and offers
invited.  If you want to flame me, do so off the list, please.

Thanks.

Chris K.