Re: Sprite names?

Subject: Re: Sprite names?
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:12:51 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Keith Turk wrote:

> Collectively this is the only place I've ever found besides Bonneville were
> we have such a tremendous collection of talent and quality people... whose
> only attachment to each other is an automobile.....
>
> I've also found that interestingly enough I've come to care far more for the
> people then I do for the car itself....
>
> Keith Turk

I was just poking fun at Jay hate of the term "square bodied sprite". I was not
meaning to drag the "thread" out...... <G>

  The list IS an amazing place. The talents of many list members, as well as the
giving nature of many others, makes this list stand out above the other team.net
lists. Ok, so I am not a member of any others except the Morris list (10 e-mails
a month), but I doubt you have anything similar to the OSHIT gang on them. And
restore a big Healey in a month, get real!!!
  BUT, we do have other common interests. Beer, Frank Zappa, Monty Python, beer,
guns, cats, sillycone brake fluid, beer, etc.
It is amusing to watch folks reactions when I tell them that I am sending parts
to a friend in another country, a country I have never been to. And imagine the
horror when I told my family that my wife and daughter and I were going to spend
the weekend with total strangers in Comfort Texas 3 years ago.
  This list, and the yahoo list (you should be on both) is very diverse, we have
men, women, asian rednecks, real rednecks, gays, lesbians, crossdressers (for a
while at least), Brits, Irish, Aussie, Argentinean, American, and Netherlanders,
I could go on. The list doesn't always agree, and it is an almost "self
cleansing" entity, remember "corebuyer"? But when it comes to the cars, and you
need a question answered, it is as easy as turning on your computer, pulling
your dress over your head (or was that the yahoo list) and asking the group.
Keith, I never plan to go 200 mph, but I appreciate your contributions to the
list, I celebrate vicariously your triumphs, as well as those of others. The
thing everyone needs to remember, is that this is a community, NOT a machine, we
will tend to wander, the conversations will vary, the talk will get heated,
feelings will get hurt. With the written word, meanings can easily become
misconstrued, and poking fun can be mistaken for anger, or worse yet, hatred.
Please, I don't want anyone, even the lurkers, to leave because of a
misinterpretation of some e-mail or other. Just because a party has one ass in
attendance, doesn't mean you have to leave...................

Brad

Sprite content: I am going to button up the ribcase I cleaned out and hopefully
get the drive train back into the 68 this weekend. Not today though, I have to
rest up for a concert tonight. Off to infamous Waco to see The Hangdogs!!!
Anyone that likes music, go to    http://www.hangdogs.com/
Check it out, there is some free songs to download. Meet Me at Tommy's is one of
my fav's..........