Re: Sprite Names?

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite Names?
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 12:40:32 -0700
Keith,
    You've pretty much summed it up for most of us on this list.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
02 FLSTS
00 F-150
94 Mazda Miata (presently getting a head job)
89 Nissan Sentra (On it's way out! Yeah!)

Keith Turk wrote:

Okay someone help me out here... obviously we have decided to re-name the
sprites.... in my mind we have  Bugeye's... Box Sprites... and Rubber
bumpered ones...

As a Big Healey guy from way back and a Sprite owner for only the last 20
yrs...  I actually remember when the Big Healey folks kinda snubbed thier
collective noses at Sprites.... Personally I always liked all of them to
include the Tickford,Nash, Sivlerstone's...

I also remember when the Concours guys ruled ( and no I don't care how it's
spelled )  they were the folks that almost destroyed this hobby for
me... by
indicating a car Not done to concours spec's wasn't worth owning... (
needless to say I finally figured out they represent less then 10% of this
hobby )

Collectively this is the only place I've ever found besides Bonneville were
we have such a tremendous collection of talent and quality people... whose
only attachment to each other is an automobile.....

I've also found that interestingly enough I've come to care far more for
the
people then I do for the car itself....

Keith Turk