Aluminium Rocker cover - Minifin/MG Metro type

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Aluminium Rocker cover - Minifin/MG Metro type
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 07:42:07 EDT
Cc: bugeyebarn@bigpond.com, TomSpeedwell@aol.com
Hi list,

I have a used aluminium alloy rocker cover to sell with is like the Minifin
type but in fact proper to the MG Metro.  I have cleaned it up a bit bit really
it needs very gentle bead blasing if such a thing as gentle bead blasting is
possible or quite some time being buffed up to get some surface corrosion out.
 The as new quality on these was never fantastic which I guess explains why
they clear laquered them.  You can get the chunky MG Metro rocker cap for them
now also in different colours but to look period correct they either need a
chrome cap if one will fit or the plain black plastic cap

The part number is CAM6822.  The difference between this rocker cover and the
genuine Minifin as fitted to the original Cooper S is that the original
minifin item had a fitting for breather hose and I guess was made by Minifin.
The
MG Metro CAM6822 which I have for sale is made by JV Murcott and has a little
oval with the letters JVM in it.

A brand new in the USA seems to cost $149 which seems pretty incredible
though I guess you get the cap with it but not the rubbers and bolts (mine has
neither rubbers or fasteners)

I want  $20+ $14+ shipping by air   = $34+ - again dollars cash or dollars to
my paypal account.

These are scarcer than the water pump pulleys though you see a lot on e-bay
at quite varying prices.  I don't think I saw a single car with this cover on
at Sprite Spree though you see a lot of Midgets, Mini's and Minors with them on
over here as being the car breaker budget cover cheaper than buying something
brand new.

Regards

Daniel1312