Re: Help, tuning 101.

To: <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Help, tuning 101.
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 19:29:30 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
 Oops - forgot the trailer...

The carbs are set at "stage 1" according to the Trriumph guys, which
means header and free-flow air filters. I have a TS Auto 275 cam in
there, as well, but decided to play it a little on the conservative
side.

Stock needles are ABT, and "stage 1" are AAQ. I have the AAQ needles in,
and have the ABT needles in with the other carb bits. Carbs have new
float needles, new floats, new jets, new needles, new spindles, and new
butterflies.

I want to get it running well enough without the choke to set the timing
correctly. If it's idling at 1500-2000 rpm, the mech advance comes in
and timing is a little more difficult.

General agreement is to put something else besides 20W50, I have ATF
around, I'll give that a shot.

-=Chris