RE: fender beading

To: "Vernon Brown" <vhbrown@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fender beading
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:57:40 -0400
Sure, it can be done.  However, it would eat up a whole bunch of man hours,
by a very good welder.  Depending on who did it, you'd either end up with a
pretty smooth looking Spit, or a real lumpy one.  Personally, although I
admit to being fond of Spitfires, I can't develop that much enthusiasm for
such a labor-intensive modification (which would also tend to decrease it's
market value, significantly....and they ain't worth too much, to begin with)
on a car that will never be worth enough to allow one to recover much of his
investment.
Still, if it's got your name on the title, do whatever winds your clock.
Bud