Parts supplier

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts supplier
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:29:05 -0400
I had an accident. I will need, at minimum, left front fender, hood, front
bumper, bumper supports, "A" post assembly, Tapping plate, Outer skin - "A"
post, Grill aperture finisher (left, rt., lower and upper hood) plus little
stuff for the lights etc.

The other driver is 100% liable. By law, if repair estimates exceed 75% of the
"fair" market value the car must be totaled. I would prefer that not happen. I
can find a supplier other than you-know-who with better prices I may be able
to get my car fixed rather than go through all the other hassles.

My '72 Midget is in pretty good mechanical shape. It is a daily driver w/ a
rebuilt engine, new breaks, new clutch, new rear springs, new top .... we
pulled the bumper and fender off of the tire to push the car off the road
after the accident.

I would like to know of other parts suppliers as well as some advice on how to
fight the fairness issue of "totaling" a vehicle due to economic reasons vs.
mechanical/structural unsoundness. My car can be easily repaired but because
of it's age (and it's paid for  - no banks losing money here) they may claim
it suitable for salvage only. There is another major hassle involved with that
if I want to keep my car - which I do.

Dale