OIl Temp Pick up

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: OIl Temp Pick up
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:14:47 EST
Years ago I acquired a banjo bolt that had been drilled and tapped for a temp
pick up. It is the bolt that attaches the oil line to the back of the block.I
noticed that the temp bulb from a water temp unit will screw right into this
as long as you use the spacer that is used when it is attached to the head.I
plan to use this temporary set up to see if high oil temp is really a
problem.Pegasus has an oil temp guage which I'll get when I do it for
keeps.Heck, I'll
probably do it anyway, whether temperature is an issue or not.I plan to
install it right in the dash.I called the supplier(MiniCity) and they said they
no
longer had this bolt. I have E mailed two companies in England which had guages
in their catalogs to see how they were attached to a BMC "A" series engine,
but no response so far.As far as an ammeter is concerned, I am all for it
myself. Yes, the power goes through it, but just be careful. Right now, I have
repo model A Ford unit installed and it looks almost British.I think there is
such a thing as a remote installation available,----I'll check with some
engineers tomorrow. Later,--Bob C in KS