What was that car?

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: What was that car?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:47:26 -0800 (PST)
Was watching the tube with my S.O. last night when she switched to the WE
Channel(notice who is holding the remote here) and started watching State Fair
with her. 1964 movie with Pat Boone, Bobby Darrin and a very, very hot Ann
Margaret. Boy what a set of legs :) Part of the storyline involves Pat Boone
driving a small red sportscar to race at the Texas State Fair. I'm trying to
figure out what type of car he was driving. Looks like a cross between a
Ginetta and something else. Car was Spridget sized, had a raised cowling behind
the driver's head ala D-Type Jag and of course was bright red. One drive by
shot engine sounded like a 4 cylinder. Could have been a custom one off for
this movie or something I've never seen before. Interesting background shots of
C Type Jags, Healeys, and even a Porsche Speedster. Got too late to finish the
movie, I'll assume Pat Boone won the race, got together with Ann Margaret out
in the hog barn(another subplot with the championship hog), and James
 Darrin hooked up with Pat Boone's cute little sister.

So can anyone identify the car Pat Boone was driving? Thanks.

P.S. Sunny and in the 60's and 70's in Dayton, OH this weekend. Bugsy will be
out and about sans top. Top doesn't go up before December 1 and comes back down
on March 1. Hope your pre Thanksgiving Weekend finds you with great LBC
weather.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now