Re: What was that car?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What was that car?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:52:34 -0500
James Gruber wrote:
> Part of the storyline involves Pat Boone driving a
> small red sportscar to race at the Texas State Fair.

A little Googling and I found this:
http://www.sd455.com/moviestatefair.htm

It states (and it must be true; I found it on the Internet :-):
    "Wayne has a waaaay-kool V-8 powered, custom-bodied,
    sports car with a locked rear-end (???) that he plans to enter
    in the big dirt-track Cup-Race at the Fair. The car appears to
    be a Devon, like the type Ak Miller raced at the Pikes Peak
    Hill Auto Climb in the early-1960's."
Take it for what it's worth.

If it was the Allard, then there is this:
http://www.speedsportz.com/allard.html
It would look good in your garage.

Kent
'56 100 BN2