Re: Toyota transplant

To: John Luttenberger <johnl@golden.net>
Subject: Re: Toyota transplant
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:02:14 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, spridget2 <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
John Luttenberger wrote:

> While contemplating various 5 speed conversions, engine mods etc etc I
> had fall into my lap today a complete 87  Toyota Corolla GTS, that's
> the 1600cc twin cam and 5 speed RWD car . I did find one web site
> http://www.team.net/www/mg/tech/midget/engswapa.html   that describes
> the transplant of a 4T motor, which is very similar but not of a 4A
> swap .. Anyone with any first hand experience and or URLs of this swap ?

Check out

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/v8_conversions/
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/v8_conversions/midget/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/7177/superchargerinfo.html

There was a guy around the corner from me had stuffed a supercharged MR2
engine into a midget.  It should fit.

William M. Gilroy
77 Midget
95 Toyota