RE: Rear Oil Seal for 1275's???

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, "'Brashear, Jack, N'" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Subject: RE: Rear Oil Seal for 1275's???
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 07:54:04 -0600
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I've used both. Both were installed on race motors. The Paul A kit motor
ended up being the driest rebuild I've ever had on an A series.(but, to be
fair, you can't compare one motor to the next).

Paul's kit works well, requires a little overnight work before
reinstallation.

The other style kits available thru Mini Mania , etc. seem to be good in
theory, but I found the casting quality of the housing required some
hillbilly machining" (belt sander) to insure a good fit. After that,it works
fine. The seals for the kit are available thru PPP much cheaper than the
seal kit vendors sell them for. You just need to cross reference the number.

Neither solution is a simple "bolt on" modification.

Also, Paul's kit is $30.

WST