Re: Drilling out hubs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Drilling out hubs
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:01:39 EST
In a message dated 12/15/2003 5:16:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:
I guess I was lucky not to know too much before I started drilling mine.
They came out just fine, but I benefitted from having a good old fashioned
American made drill press that is older than I am.
I just picked up this drill press.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2579493699&category=125
79&rd=1
 It looks and feels very heavy duty. Ran very smoothly when I picked it up.
I really don't expect the spindle or table to deflect much. If I hadn't found
this one at a reasonable price, I wouldn't be attempting to do this. This
project is going to have wait until the weekend.

Any thoughts on how big to make the clearance holes for 7/16" studs.

David Oliner