RE: New Rims Arrived!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New Rims Arrived!
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:49:12 -0800 (PST)
Has anyone tried just drilling and tapping the old lug
hole and bolting in a socket head cap screw?  Thats
170,000 psi tensile strength alloy steel.  I think I
read about it in a book at Barnes and Noble (1000
Racing Tips?)

John MacDonald
Bedford, NH

> Brett Johnson (Lotus & Porsche vintage racer) has
> some 3/8th shouldered
> style available. Reach him at
>
> 356drb@indy.net
>
> Incidentally, I race Redrum on 3/8ths studs.
>
> WST

> Mike on the mag wheels it isn't the size of the stud
> that holds the
> wheel it is the outside diameter of the lug nuts.  I
> think they are all
> the same size in this regard, no matter what size
> the studs are.  Now
> finding a set of 3/8" mag lug nuts isn't all that
> easy anymore.
> I thought about that, but the most common size shaft
> on a "mag style" lugs
> is
> .680" not the 1/32 over a 1/2". So I figured these
> wheels must be using
> tapered holes to center the wheel.
>
> Also if you find 3/8 mag stlye lugs, don't tell me,
> because I looked all
> over
> for them, gave up and got into this 7/16 stud
> conversion.
>
> David Oliner

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/