RE: Brain teaser

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brain teaser
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:48:58 -0800
Hello,

>it's black as night usually is and.....
>all the lights fail 5 miles South of
>ALB (or maybe it was
>just the headlights. Long time ago!).

>I "tucked in" right behind an 18 wheeler
Do you mean "Trucked in" :-)

>and stayed there for two hours or so,
>'til we hit Newburg where little snow, good
>roads, plenty of light and a large hot,
>black coffee awaited....changed fuses.

>(There was no short. The new fuse and lights worked fine for many years
thereafter).

You have me confused here, on my car, the lights are not on a fuse, they are
linked directly to the battery through the light switch, but are not fused
(apart from the 1 off beams that you use to flash peoples which is on a 15A
fuse that keeps blowing because that said switch is faulty and is more or
less continuously on, causing the high beams to be continuously on, causing
high current, causing the said fuse to blow)...

Regards, Cyrille