Re: ..speaking of Superchargers and Datsun trannies...

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ..speaking of Superchargers and Datsun trannies...
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:50:54 +0000
On Wednesday 21 January 2004 05:16 pm, Lester Ewing wrote:

I can't help you on the Rivergate,  but I would like to upgrade to the Datsun
trany very soon.

With regard to the Judson, I don't think I would pay $1200 unless it was an
NOS complete kit and I was putting together a concours level car on which to
install it.

If you are intrigued by the performance aspect of supercharging, then you
should look for a servicable used unit at a lower price.

The reason I say this is that it takes a bit of tweaking to get these to work
reliably anyway.

In my case this was a trial and error endevour over many years and entailed
converting to an SU carburator and (most recently) installing Torlon vanes.

I was in no hurry and I enjoyed the tinkering and the learning.  If at times
things were not working properly I mearly bolted the original twin SU setup
back on.

I am happy to say that I now have the unit running reliably and I am looking
forward to taking some longer excursions with the car.   I really want to see
how the car performs at high altitude (like in the Rockies).

Of course, I don't want to do a cross county until I install a 5 speed.