Who else is working on their Spridget?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Who else is working on their Spridget?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:51:59 -0500
I am still plugging along on the Bugeye.
This time I am finishing everything before I fire it up
Except the interior.
The brakes are done, pedal hard.
Clutch seems to have pressure too.
Engine and trans in, fluids installed.
Fuel system & carbs went on tonight along with most of the exhaust
system. I didn't stick a muffler on it yet.
Dizzy is all tuned up and bolted in.
Wiring close, no dash just yet. (that's part of the interior)
Wheels painted and bolted on.

So tomorrow night I can put some gas in it, fire it up, drop it off the
jack stands, back it out of the garage, and take a ride around the
block! I hope. It works on paper.
I mean this car was "by the book" Carbs rebuilt and set at 15 flats,
dizzy reconditioned and clamped tight where the timing should be.
Hydraulics all new with fresh silicone fluid. Gas and go right?
Now if it starts, and runs decent, and the clutch and tranny works,
And there are no leaks, maybe I can move the car. And if I did all my
shop work correctly, maybe I can stop the car :)

I want to thank Greg Higgins on his brake line for mechanical fuel pump
fittings. It worked like a charm. 5/16 brake line from the auto parts
store and a couple of 5/16 furrles (olives) for the pipe, cut it, bend
it to suit, and it even amazed the guy at Advanced Auto.

Now my problem....This Sprite is turning out too nice to sell!
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ