Re: Snow, driving hazzards?

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Snow, driving hazzards?
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:38:46 -0500
there were times back just out of high school when the only car running at
the time was my bugeye.  i remember this as a rather unfavorable
experience!   oh, i made it, but it was horribly light with next to no
traction and way too much torque!
i never worry about going out in slippery weather.   my only concern is the
fellow traveling the other way.   back in the 60's that is how i got both my
legs broken the first time!  head on collision with my parents car getting
hit by a car coming the other way loosing controll.
snow and ice driving is not a black art.   not a perfect science either!
but living in the snow belt forces you to learn and adjust.    years of
screwing around in slippery parking lots testing the feel of a slide and
trying to recover still does not make you a good driver but it does give you
a feel for an option of controll as opposed to hopelessly sliding into
something without trying to in the least minimise the damage?

chuck.