Re: media blasting

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Subject: Re: media blasting
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 06:52:12 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi.
A long time ago I sandblasted the body on my Daimler at home. I have a big
Quincy compressor and I picked up a 100 lb pressure pot blaster to do the
job. I built a shroud around the car in my garage and spent an hour or two
after work for a few days. It's a fiberglass body, so I used low pressure
and kept it moving, turned out very nice, didn't damage the glass at all,
inside and out. Most other stuff that won't fit in the cabinet gets done
outside in the back yard. I've done chassis', wheels, snow plow frames, fuel
tanks etc. Remember, sand gets everywhere and it sounds like a jet engine,
so if you have neighbors it could be a problem. I'm way off the street with
nothing behind me so is ok.
Although if I was going to do another body, I would send it out, takes too
much time and hassle for my old age, I found a place nearby that does media
blasting on everything from airplanes to old cars. About $500.00 for a car
depending on size, layers of paint etc.

Hope this helps.

John