Re: Garage floor treatment recommendations

To: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Garage floor treatment recommendations
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:43:35 +0000
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi.
I think you need to let fresh concrete cure for quite a while before painting
it. I didn't get around to painting mine for about ten years. It had plenty of
tooth to it, so I didn't etch it or anything. First it was washed it with a
concrete cleaner and let dry. Oil spots were treated with laquer thinner and
speedi-dry. Then I used two coats of Rustoleum epoxy on it. It's been four
years now and still looks fine, the only lifting is along a crack where water
and salt gets in.

Good luck.