Re: Garage floor treatment recommendations

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage floor treatment recommendations
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:43:32 -0500
I painted my floor with polyurethane-based paint 12 yrs. ago and it has
held up admirably.

My house was used and the floor was bare concrete that contained a
substantial amount of oil where the previous owners cars were parked
(And they didn't even own lbc's. They owned Oldsmobiles!)

I literally soaked those areas with undiluted Simple Green and it wicked
the oils out of the concrete. Paint has never lifted from those areas. I
didn't prime the floor and I only used diluted muriatic acid as a
precaution to slightly etch the surface.

The paint that I used was purchased from Garon Industries, an industrial
suppliers of such products. http://www.garonproducts.com/

I haven't bought from them in years, but I believe they still carry a
wide range of coatings for floors. Stuff was cheap but like I said, it's
been 14 years and the material still adheres to the concrete. It's doin'
the job! ;-)

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/ <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>