RE: ebay air filter.

To: "'Bill L'" <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: RE: ebay air filter.
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:26:44 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have one of those on my car.  It is for the 1 1/4" carbs and was made
by K&N Europe.  They even have built in sub stacks on the backing plate.
On the minus side, they are no longer made, K&N may or may not be able
to match the filter element.  They use a SAE hex key screw instead of
the standard bolt to attach to the carbs ( might want to check if they
are included as they could be hard to find and a standard bolt will not
work.)  The studs that hold the plates together have SAE threads on the
back plate side and you need a 10mm wrench for the acorn nuts that hold
the outer plate on.  These break real easy and are also NLA.  I had to
have new ones machined with threads for 1/4" acorn nuts.  You might see
a difference with the sub stacks on a dyno, but don't expect to feel any
great power gain.  On the plus side it is a K&N filter, and looks really
sharp.  I think I paid $85 for mine and when last seen in the usual
suspects catalogs they were around $150.  They came marked either SPRITE
or MIDGET.
                Crash

Hello spridgets,

  someone, anyone, have a look at item #2462655278. its a one piece
  sprite air cleaner set up. i've seen pic's of them on bugeyes. do
  they fit 1 1/4" HS2's? could i use it on my '66? who made these
  things? where could i get one (not to blashpeme frank!) NEW?
  any and all info appreciated.

  TIA

--
Best regards,