Re: New Sprite!

To: Robert Doak <doakie@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: New Sprite!
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:34:11 -0800
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hello Robert,

       same thing happened to me, but mines a '66. the problems i've
       encountered so far....

       1)leaky master cylinder... i drove it like that until it got to
       the point that i had to add fluid to drive to work (six miles)
       then add it again to drive home. ...THEN i fixed it.

       2) engine consuming oil...at the rate of 1 qt or more per tank
       of gas... finally had the engine rebuilt..

       3)gauges not working.. all nonfunctional except water temp/oil
       pressure... .. gradually replaced .. now all except gas work
       pretty well.

       4) all electrics non functional,.. except ONE headlight... slow
       patient sorting... it all works now...even bought a HORN!

       there's more, but none of these "problems" ever stopped me from
       driving "the red thing" and enjoying EVERY MINUTE! i did limit
       the distance i would go from home to what i could walk in a
       couple of hours, but it never stopped me! (well, except when the
       master cylinder was out being rebuilt)

       drive, enjoy, learn, fix! not necessarily in that order!

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com