Re: Polarity + or -

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Rick" <webmasterrick@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Polarity + or -
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:24:30 -0600
 Makes me think of that little dog that sits
 on the hood.
 Now if pos- ground was the way to go
 MR Ed than why are more cars and trucks etc
 neg ground rather than pos?
 either way will work as long as the contact
 points are correct.
 Ed my spridget is byallmeans not a mack truck
 and that too is not a problem with me.
 I understand your way of thinking and respect it
 however we are still dealing with spridgets.
 British leyland went with pos- ground they also
 helped keep Lucus is business.
 You sell parts to Ed dontcha ?
 Perhaps that explains more than meets the eye.

 Larry Rex

From "Rick" <webmasterrick at comcast.net>

Ed says:

<<This would in theroy help slow rusting rather than promote it.>>

"
"Sounds" good Biff, BUT please explain why Mack Trucks ( and most of that
industry) used + Ground.

And can still be ordered to this day.

There is a B-61 Mack Wrecker in this area that is ORIGINAL except for an
overspray & re-lettering that is more solid that an Healey or MG ever
thought about.  And yes, STILL + ground.

I did 2-way radio work on fleets of Macks, KiddeWompers & Petercars that
where ALL + ground.
NO probs.

And why do you think it is that you can stop in any major truck stop and
PURCHASE either a "convertible" radio or one in just plain + Ground
configuration???

Sorry, but in MHO, the entire discussion is both a waste of time AND bogus!!

Ed
'63 BJ-7 (Hortense THE Healey) [still + ground WITH radio]
<G>
"

Please do not "shoot the messenger"!!!!!!

Rick

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]