Re: Capacitive Rust Control System

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Doug & Sheryl Altman" <altman_d_s@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Capacitive Rust Control System
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:30:12 -0600
 Doug
 Cant say i have see one, but yes i did read
 about it one time.
 Seems like it was before or after i read about
 someones battery that blew up.
 Anything worth doing is worth doing correct.
 be safe not sorry.
 Larry Rex

From "Doug & Sheryl Altman"

Listers - All this talk about positive versus negative ground and its effect
on rusting hits home with me currently :).  My friend who has a '57 Chevy
purchased one of those Counteract Premium Auto Corrosion Control systems and
swears by it.  So does a friend who has had several antique cars over the
past several years.  The system uses a power supply wired from the vehicle's
battery that uses capacitive patches placed at either end of the vehicle to
maintain a slight charge on the sheet metal body that supposedly prevents
rust.  They are after me to purchase a system.  Has anyone on the list had
experience with these systems?  They cost about $200 and you can get them
for a postitive ground vehicle like my Bugeye.  Doug    ....o~'o

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]