Re: Suzuki G13b swap int Spridget

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Suzuki G13b swap int Spridget
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:49:42 -0500
Cc: "'Trevor J.'" <trevorwj@insightbb.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
David Ramsey wrote:

> I've got a 455 Pontiac motor I'm thinking about putting in my bug-I, has
> anybody else done this?  Can I use the Datsun 5-speed or do you think
> I'll need to stay with the TH400 (less shifting)?  Do you think I'll
> have a problem with the clearance on the bonnet.

Crash

The big block won't fit, you have to use a small block but with a 3
speed. Still less shifting. The bonnet will colose but you need a scoop
for the carb. It's the tranny tunnel that needs some cutting, but like
the one I rode in, a 1/2 a concrete block over the front U joint sure
made me feel safe.
Wheelies in first, non stop rubber burning in second, and gone like a
bat out of hell in third. That 64 Sprite lasted almost a whole week!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ