Re: Introduction

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Introduction
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:05:40 -0400
Stirling,
Welcome!

Basically, you have to:
-search around on the web,
-talk to people in the hobby and the clubs,
-watch this list,
-look in the classifieds and enthusiast magazines.

Do some google searches, and go to some of the parts vendor sites. Even
non Spridget sites. Some vendors have classified sections with car
classified. Include non-Spridget vendors too. Their classifieds often
include various British cars. For example, MiniMania has a good for sale
section. There is also Mini City Ltd but they don't currently have any
Spridgets listed.

Don't let distance be a factor. You can often get assistance from
someone on this list or elsewhere to view a car for sale.

Also, decide on a budget and in what condition of car you want. When I
say condition, I am specifically referring to the condition of the body
panels, floors and structural areas, the tub. Unless you DESIRE to do
extensive rot repair, there is little point to passing up a good solid
car because it might cost you $600-$1,000 to ship.

Also, don't be in a hurry. It's very true in the car hobby that good
things come to those who wait. Several years ago I decided I wanted a
RWA (round wheel arch) Midget. It took me 2 years to find one that met
my requirements, but it is a rot-free So. California car. And since that
time I have seen 4-5 low mileage solid original RWA cars go for very
reasonable money on ebay, or advertised elsewhere. In fact, solid, low
mileage, original in CT sold for $3,500. A steal in my opinion.

That's just some quick advice. Hope it helps.

--

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct